History

1955

A 25-bed, single story, community hospital opens in Spooner, Wisconsin.

1964

An addition is complete that provides a new solarium to aid in patient recovery.

1965

A 50-bed nursing home complex is built adjacent to the hospital with connecting rooms housing administrative offices.

1969

Plans are started for a new and updated hospital building.

1971

The new, two-story hospital building is open, and the original facility is converted into a 90-bed, long-term care complex.

Late 1980s

Plans are made to update the nursing home through remodeling the existing facility as well as building new wings.

1992

The nursing home renovations are complete.

Mid 1990s

Major remodeling and additions are completed at the hospital, including:

  • New operating room suites
  • A new emergency room entrance and treatment rooms
  • Relocating the administrative offices
  • Physical therapy and x-ray services are moved to the more accessible ground floor
  • All diagnostic equipment is updated
  • Downsizing of acute care inpatient rooms to allow for an increase in the size of the outpatient care department
  • Hospital is connected to the on-site family practice clinic.
1996

The hospital name officially becomes Spooner Health System.

2004

Spooner Health System collaborates with the Department of Health and Family Services, Bureau of Quality Assurance and the Wisconsin Office of Rural Health to become a critical access hospital.

2008

New Memory Clinic opens.

2009

Spooner Health System begins a Commitment to Excellence journey by partnering with the Studer Group.

2011

Spooner Health System begins leasing the operations of the nursing home.

2014

Spooner Health System breaks ground on new replacement hospital.

2016

Spooner Health System changes its name to Spooner Health and moves into it's new facility at 1280 Chandler Drive.

 

 

Designed by: Legato Healthcare Marketing | Website by: Marco